Saturday, August 28, 2010

Applesauce Spice Cupcakes

Lots of blog posts today, since I have time to get caught up.

I decided to make Applesauce Spice cupcakes today while I was home, since Chris and Pat were off at the Boeing Classic all day.  I was a little limited in what I could make, since I didn't have a way to get to the store after Chris left.

I've been wanting to make these cupcakes for a while.  They looked interesting just because of the spice combination, as well as the applesauce.

The cupcakes were very easy to make.  All the recipes start out the same way, mix together spices, flour, and baking soda in a bowl.  Then in the mixer, combine butter and sugar, and once that is combined, add in the eggs.  All the recipes so far have been essentially the same as this, so it's easy to get the hang of the new recipes that I've been trying.

I think I am getting the hang of how much to fill the cupcake liners.  The only thing I can't figure out is why the cupcakes are all ending up kind of flat.  The last couple batches have been slightly rounded on the tops, but not as much as I would have thought.  I even tried buying new baking soda, but I'm not sure it's made too much of a difference.

After baking the cupcakes (only 18 for this recipe) and letting them cool, I started on the brown sugar cream cheese frosting.

This frosting, which only consists of butter, cream cheese (I decided to use fat free), and light brown sugar, was easy to make, and I think turned out the best so far. 

I frosted the cupcakes with a pastry bag, check out the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment